Lufttransportgeschwader 61 of the German air force was established in 1957 and is based in Penzig in the Bavarian district of Landsberg. Its first airplanes were Douglas C-47s and the Nord-Aviation “Noratlas”. In 1971, the C-160D “Transall” was launched. For the squadron’s 50th anniversary, the C-160 was painted with a special livery by the Bavarian designer Walter Maurer, which depicts an intercultural dialogue. It campaigns for integration and speaks out against racism, ignorance and violence.